There are many worthy ministries to support within the Body of Christ. Like many people, you may be overwhelmed by all the needs in the world. Wanting to do your part to help, you may also wonder where to begin giving of your time, talents and financial resources.
At ECFA, it is our goal to assist donors in making wise giving decisions. While we do not tell you which ministry to support, the resources listed below may provide you with helpful tools to facilitate your decision-making process.
Wise Giving Q&A Videos
Videos answering commonly asked questions on Christian and charitable giving plus inspirational generosity videos.
Generosity Devotionals for Personal, Ministry, or Churchwide Use
Inspirational Generosity Videos
TV Clips on Giving and Generosity
Wise Giving Q&A Video Series
- What does the Bible teach about where to give?
- How much should I give and where should I give?
- What are 5 ways to teach my children to be more generous?
- As a Christian, why should I make it a priority to give financial gifts to the LORD’s work?
- How can I stop receiving so many fundraising letters, emails, texts, phone calls, and solicitations?
- What is tithing? Should Christians tithe? Isn’t tithing only part of the Old Testament law?
- What does the Bible teach about where to give?
- What is the difference between tithes and offerings?
- How important is it to faithfully support my local church?
- What if my spouse doesn’t want me to give?
- What are 5 best tips for making smart donations?
- If I am poor and living on a small income, should I give?
- What should I do if my church or organizations I support aren’t members of ECFA?
- How can you find information about charities and churches?
- If I don’t have a job, should I give?
- If I want to start tithing, should I give 10% of the net or gross amount of my paycheck--before or after taxes?
- According to the IRS, what are the 5 most common non-cash donations people make?
- How can I find good organizations to support?
- Should I give if I’m in debt?
- What is EFT, online, internet, text, and mobile app giving? Is this a good idea to give this way?
- Am I required to give all my donations only to my church?
- I can’t afford to donate money, but I donate my time--isn’t that enough?
- What are some helpful Christian devotionals and books that can teach me about living generously?
- How can I avoid charity scams?
- What does the Bible teach about giving and generosity?
- What should I know about an organization before giving a donation?
- I want to start giving 10% or more to God’s work, but I’m afraid, what should I do?
- What are the 7 keys to becoming more generous?
- What are the 5 different responses people have about giving to God?
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity, Randy Alcorn, Tyndale House Publishers
- Managing God’s Money, Randy Alcorn, Tyndale House Publishers
- The Treasure Principle, Randy Alcorn, Multnomah Books
- Experience God as Your Provider: Finding Financial Stability in Unstable Times, Brian Kluth, Moody Publishers
- The Law of Rewards, Randy Alcorn, Tyndale House Publishers
- Faithful with Much: Breaking Down the Barriers to Generous Giving, Tony & Carin Amaradio, Cook Communications Ministries
- The Kingdom Assignment, Denny & Leesa Bellesi, Zondervan
- The Root of Riches, Chuck Bentley, Crown Financial Ministries
- The Generosity Factor, Ken Blanchard & S. Truett Cathy
- Heart, Soul, and Money: A Christian view of Possessions, Craig L. Blomberg, College Press Publishing Company
- Generous Living: Finding Contentment Through Giving, Ron Blue, Zondervan
- A Biblical Perspective on Giving Generously: Learning How to Receive God’s Blessing, Rick Brott, ABC Book Publishing
- Giving & Tithing, Larry Burkett, Moody Publishers
- Money Life Basics—Giving & Generosity, Crown Financial Ministries
- The Eternity Portfolio, Alan Gotthardt, Tyndale House Publishers
- Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity, Adam Hamilton, Adbingdon Press
- Genius of Generosity, Chip Ingram, Yates & Yates
- Generosity: Moving toward life that is truly life, Gordon MacDonald with Patrick Johnson, National Christian Foundation
- God and Your Stuff : The Vital Link Between Your Possessions and Your Soul, Wesley Wilmer, NavPress
- To God, with All Our Love: Set Your Giving Free, Matthew Marx, Winepress Publishing
- The Giving Myths, Stephen B. McSwain, Smyth & Helwys Publishing Inc.
- Faithful Finances 101, Gary Moore, Templeton Foundation Press
- Principles & Rewards of Giving, David R. Reid, ECS Ministries
- The Sower, R. Scott Rodin and Gary G. Hoag, ECFA Press
- The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us?, Richard Stearns, Thomas Nelson
- The Generosity Ladder: Your Next Step to Financial Peace, Nelson Searcy, Baker Books
- Giving: Unlocking the Heart of Good Stewardship, John Ortberg, Laurie Pederson, and Judson Polling, Zondervan
- Fields of Gold, Andy Stanley, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
- The Grace of Giving:10 Principles of Christian Giving, John Stott, The Lausanne Movement
- Revolution in Generosity, Wesley K. Wilmer, Editor, Moody Publishers